The District Membership Seminar is scheduled for 1st June, 2008 at P.T. Garden's Hotel, 540/A-4, Samurdhi Mw., Malwana, Biyagama from 9.00a.m. to 1.30p.m. Presentation/ discussion topics include:
* Importance of Membership
* District & Club Goals
* Membership Retention
- Attendance: Make Up Possibilities
- Club Assemblies/Rotary E-learning/Need for continuous Education
* Membership Recruitment
- Importance of the Classification Roster
- Need for proper pre-induction Orientation & Induction Ceremony
* Organising New Rotary Clubs
- Standard Rotary Club Constitution & Adoption of Club By-Laws
- Rotary 2008-9: Rotary International, District & Club Dues
* Using Your Rotary Membership Access on http://www.rotary.org/
* Proper Use of the Rotary Name and Emblem
* District Conference/ RI Convention/ What are Rotary Fellowships?
* RI Citations for Membership Development & District Citations etc.
Directions to P.T. Garden's, Biyagama - If arriving from Colombo: proceed via Battaramulla to Biyagama and then turn right from Siyambalape Junction. If arriving on Kandy-Colombo Road: turn at Belummahara Junction, then proceed to Siyambalape Junction, 1 Km from there towards the Biyagama FTZ is P.T. Garden's Hotel on your Left. A minimum of 3 members are encouraged to attend from each Club. Cost: Rs.900/- each, inclusive of buffet lunch.
Kindly confirm your Club Registrations with Name/s & Call Name/s by email to Rtn. PP. Sarath Wilagedera - firstname.lastname@example.org & copy to email@example.com
PURPOSE OF THE DISTRICT MEMBERSHIP SEMINAR: Rotary Int'l requires a growing and sustainable membership base in order to meet the increasing need for volunteer services throughout the world and secure the future of each Rotary Club. The seminar will support Club and District efforts to sustain and increase their membership base.