Tuesday 19 May 2009

District Governor Nominee for 2011-12

Rtn. PP. Gehan Siribaddana from the Rotary Club of Battaramulla has been elected as the District Governor Nominee.

Rtn. PP. Thiru's decision not to challenge was intimated by his Rotary Club of Colombo Regal in which Rtn. PP. Thiru states - “I have considered the decision and the sentiments expressed by my club members and others. However, I sincerely believe that all Rotarians must accept the decision of the nominating committee, which I am sure is made with the due consideration and wisdom.

I am therefore requesting you to inform the District Governor of my decision not to challenge the District Nominating Committee’s decision under the provisions in the manual of procedure.

I have also discussed this question of challenging the Nominating Committee’s decision with my wife and also have considered the possible divisions among the clubs in the District in arriving at my decision not to challenge.

I will however avail my self to serve Rotary in whatever way when I am called upon to serve in the club or the District”.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

....and thus should be the spirit of Rotary. Well done the two of you.... and all the best!!